Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Museum of Art
This week for class we went to the BYU Museum of Art to look at a collection of religious paintings. Rita Wright gave us a tour, and we stopped and talked about a few of the paintings on the way. I’m not really an art person, and I’m afraid I don’t get a whole lot out of paintings, but listening to Rita talk was really interesting. She pointed out a lot of the symbolism that was sort of hidden in the paintings. I remember three paintings the most. The first two were renditions of the prodigal son, and the last was of Christ carrying the cross. All three gave me a slightly different perception of the stories, and I liked listening to the insights and testimony of Rita and the other class members.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment